kmcgov.in What is the procedure to pay Online Payment of Property Tax in Kolkata
Now the citizens of Kolkata city are also able to pay their property tax online. This can be done by clicking on few links. The online payment facility of property tax is provided by the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC). The website of KMC is kmcgov.in, which providing the e-payment facility to their citizens and was launched in the year 2010.
On the past days, the property holders stands in a hectic line to pay their property tax and make various visits to the concerned offices. But after the launch of this website, which would designed by Tata Consultancy Services at a cost of Rupees Two crore, made it easier the process of payment of property tax.
Procedure to Pay Online Property Tax in Kolkata:
<$> To make the payment of property tax online in kolkatta, the user needs to go to the Web Portal of Kolkatta Municipal Corporation, ie., www.kmcgov.in/KMCPortal.
<$> This will show you the home page of KMC, which will provide you the various services.
<$> To pay property tax, select the online payment link which is shown on the right side of home page and then select Property Tax.
<$> The property tax option further divided into Current PD, Fresh Supplementary and Outstanding.
<$>If the user is filling the property tax for the very first time, then he/she should click on the Fresh Supplementary link.
<$>After click on fresh supplementary link, the user have to fill some information like Assesse Number, Contact Number and Email ID. After entering all the information, the user need to click on Pay button.
<$>If the user already paid earlier tax, then he/she has to fill the same details
<$>If you want to know the complete details of property, then the user need to click on the link ‘Fill up property information form’ and click on details and then proceed with the payment.
<$>For unpaid property tax the user can follow the link https://www.kmcgov.in/KMCPortal/jsp/KMCAssessmentCurrentPD.jsp
<$>Click on the link https://www.kmcgov.in/KMCPortal/UnitAreaNewAction.do to directly fill the property information form.
<$>To obtain the print out of unpaid bill, the user need to click on ‘Print Unpaid Bill’.
<$>If the user want to the check the tax payment status, then he needs to click on Check Payment methods’.
<$>After filling the desired details in the page, the user can proceed with the payment option and hence the online payment of property tax is done.
<$>If the user have any confusion, then he/she can contact to any of the member by clicking on the link https://www.kmcgov.in/KMCPortal/jsp/AssessmntContact.jsp.
<$>If the user wants to know more information about the online tax payment procedure, then he can click on the link https://www.kmcgov.in/KMCPortal/jsp/KMCAssessmentHome.jsp
Information related to Property Tax:
<>> The user can make payment of property tax on quarterly basis.
<>> Rebate of 5% will be given to those users who will pay the taxes within the due date.
<>> Additional 5% rebate will be given to those users who will pay the taxes for the second, third and fourth quarter within the due date of the property tax payment of first quarter.
If the Tax Payer wants to pay the Property Tax through Offline mode, then they can visit to the following Centres:
- P-187, CIT Road, Kankurgachi V. I. P. Market, Kolkata – 700 054, Ward – 3328A, K. N. Sen
- Road, Kasba, Kolkata – 700 042, Ward – 67
- 11, Belvedere Road, Kolkata – 700 027, Ward – 74
- 212, Rashbehari Avenue, Kolkata – 700 019, Ward – 68
- 516, D. H. Road, Kolkata – 700 034, Ward – 130
- Baghajatin Market Complex, Unit 2, Raja SC Mullick Road, Kolkata – 700 092, (Beside RAKTAKAMAL CLUB)
- 79, Bidhan Sarani, Kolkata – 700 006, Ward – 11
- 56/1 Raja Rajballabh Street, Kolkata – 700 003, Ward – 8
List of other Common Collection Centres
- CMO Bldg., 5, S.N.Banerjee Road, Kolkata-700013
- 10, B.T.Road, Kolkata-700002
- 22, Surya Sen Street, Kolkata-700012
- New Alipore Market Complex, Beside Durgapur Bridge
- 180, N.S.C. Bose Road, Kolkata-700040
- C.I.T. Market, Jadavpur, Central Road, (8B Bus Stand) Kolkata – 700032
- 28, Prince Anwar Shah Road, Kolkata – 700033
- K.M.C. Super Market, Santoshpur Avenue, Kolkata-700075
- E/3, Circular Garden Reach Road, Kolkata – 700024