Why is property registration necessary?
Under Section 17 of the Registration Act / Registration Act 1908, all such transactions involving the sale of immovable property worth more than Rs 100, all such immovable property should be registered. In the donation of real estate, more than 12 months For the lease deed must be registered in Uttar Pradesh.
Why UP Property Registration is Necessary?
Under Section 17 of the Registration Act / Registration Act 1908, all such transactions involving the sale of immovable or immovable property worth more than Rs 100 be registered. In the donation of property, more than 12 months of lease deed must be registered in Uttar Pradesh.
The property must be registered -:
- When you buy a real estate or property/Sampatti, to become its legal owner, you have to register that property in your name so that in future if you want to sell or donate your property, then you must have full right to transfer.
- You can rent your immovable property.
- You can lease your immovable property.
- You can sell your property etc.
UP Property Registration/Sampatti Panjikaran Instructions
If you are making up your mind to buy an immovable property, then you should know about these essential things like: –
Find Property Value
- Whenever you think of buying a property, the first thing to do is to know the real value of that property, what is the market value of that property and what is the government value of the land in that area. This is necessary because the value of the property is written on the stamp paper at the time of the registry.
Check Stamp Paper
- The registry of the property requires stamp duty paper, in which a complete description of the property and the buyer and seller is written. It is an essential legal document that is proof of being the legal owner of the property. The value of this stamp paper duty varies from state to state.
UP Property Registry Requirements
- Allotment letter,
- Account certificate,
- Property tax rates,
- No Objection Certificate,
- Power of Attorney / Charter / Power of Attorney,
- Identity card of the parties. (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Ration Card, Voter ID)
Uttar Pradesh UP Property Registration Procedure
Three steps are given for online property registration which are: –
- You will have to go to the official website of Stamp and Registration Department Uttar Pradesh, whose address portal link address is https://igrsup.gov.in/. After that you have to click on “Apply”. Before filling the application form, please read the instructions so that there is no mistake. Before this, you have to create your account.
Fill all the details sought under the application form correctly such as: –
- Full property details,
- Full name of property seller,
- Full name of the property buyer.
- Full details of witnesses such as their names, etc.
- Complete details of the property to be purchased clearly.
- Article registration form,
- Select the payment service type e-stamp, stamp, e-payment.
- After filling the application form in full, it will have to go to the office of the Deputy Registrar Officer itself along with it’s print out and property-related and other necessary related documents.
After going to the office of the Deputy Registrar Officer, submit the necessary documents along with the application form, after that -:
- The necessary documents of your property are checked by the Deputy Registrar Officer, then the further process,
- Photographs of the parties and witnesses, thumb impression are taken in the office of the Deputy Registrar Officer.
- The registration fee will have to be deposited and its receipt will be given to you.
- After all these processes are completed, the registration process is completed and after the signature of the Deputy Registrar Officer in that original document, the original documents of the property will be given to you.
- The Sub-Registrar Officer scans the registered document and uploads it online.
- Applicants can download the registered documents of the property.
Let’s try to understand the online UP Property Registration process more easily.
- The applicant will have to go to the official website of the Stamp and Registration Department Uttar Pradesh (https://igrsup.gov.in/) and click on apply, after which they will have to create their account.
- After that, the details sought on the application form have to be filled and the fee will have to be submitted.
- An online appointment needs to be fixed for going to the office.
- The parties and witnesses will have to reach the office of the Deputy Registrar Officer within the stipulated time.
- In the office of the Deputy Registrar Officer, there will be statements of witnesses, documents will be checked, biometric of the parties will be done.
- After the registration process is complete, the registration letter is given to the applicant and uploaded online so that the applicant can also download it.
- Applicants can download the property registration letters online by going to the official website of the department.
Frequently Asked Questions About UP Property Registration
When one thinks of getting the property registered online, then many types of questions arise in the mind such as: –
- 1) Will one have to go to the office for UP Property Registration under online registration.
No, you have to apply for UP Property Registration after choosing your respective district, tehsil, and office. For which you can register on your own laptop or through other means. After that, you will have to go to the concerned office for statements, photographs and thumb impressions of the parties and witnesses.
- 3) How many days after online application can one register the property?
Under the Registration Act 1908, the document can be registered within 4 months of execution.
- 4) What to do if you cannot reach the office on time?
If you cannot reach the office for registration within the stipulated time, then you can reach the concerned office during the office period and normally complete the registration process.